Material for filling and rebuilding of the root canals – white
Product MTA+ is intended for dental treatment as a material for filling and remineralization of root canals. MTA+ is especially recommended in:
- root canal wall perforation,
- intracanal resorption,
- filling of the posterior root apex,
- direct coating of the pulp,
- pulp amputation,
- treatment of teeth with interrupted root development.
MTA+ powder: calcium oxide and oxides of: silicon, iron, aluminium, sodium, potassium, bismuth, magnesium, zirconium; calcium phosphate.
- MTA+ MINI: 3 x 0,14 g MTA+, 1 ml liquid
– MTA+ STANDARD: 6 x 0,14 g MTA+, 1 ml liquid
– MTA+ MAXI: 10 x 0,14 g MTA+, 1 ml liquid
– MTA+ PRO: 10 x 0,14 g MTA+, 1 ml liquid, MATRIX MTA+
- The high content of calcium ions remineralizes the tooth tissue
- Supports tissue regeneration after wall perforation and intracanal resorption.
- after mixing with the liquid, the working time is about 6-10 minutes and the material is fully bonded after 3-3,5 h.
Instructions for use:
Handling the product MTA+:
pic.1 pic.2 pic.3
1. Place on the mixing plate content of MTA+ powder from the glass vial and 1-2 drops of MTA+ liquid dosed by the pipette (pic.1 – pic.3).
2. Mix them within 30 sec until obtaining consistency of the wet sand (pic.4). If the consistency of mixture is too much dense or crumbly it is necessary to add next drop of the liquid (or distilled water).
3. Insert preparation into selected field by means of the amalgam carrier (pic.5).
When mixed to MTA+ liquid (or distilled water) the prepared dose of device should be used within next 10 minutes.
Comparison of MTA grains taken with scanning microscope.
MTA+ Cerkamed is characterized by the smallest grain size in comparison to materials of other manufacturers
Why the smaller grain is better?
- facilitates penetration of calcium ions to the demineralized tissue
- facilitates packing material in the application site
- facilitates preparation
- increases filling tightness
- increases material strength
- homogeneous and phasing of the material reduces setting time
Photo 1 Photo 2 Photo 3
Photo 1. Pictures of MTA+ Cerkamed grains taken with scanning microscope.
Visible grains with similar size and compact weight. Homogeneous structure facilitates preparation, material application and improves the tightness.
Photo 2., Photo 3. Pictures of other MTA leaders on the market.
Visible the differences in grain sizes. Lack of homogeneous structure hinder the preparation and accurate application and decreases the filling tightness.
FOR PROFESSIONAL DENTAL USE ONLY